Reviewers are an essential aspect of a scholarly publishing process. The peer-review process is used in ICETIS 2021 to validate scholarly work to improve the quality of published work, increased research community networking. ICETIS 2021 applied a double-blind peer-review process.
Peer-review process and steps
- Every paper received is first checked by the respective chairs to determine whether it is suitable for the conference’s scope and quality. The chairs also look at the readability, structure, and grammar before considering it for the peer-review process.
- After the initial assessment, the chairs check for plagiarism.
- Following the plagiarism check, the paper is sent to two or three reviewers for appraisal. Reviewers send back the paper after the appraisal for further processing by the editorial office.
- Once the review process is completed, the editorial chair releases the reports to the author/s. The author/s are requested to respond to reviewers’ comments and suggestions and to effect the necessary corrections. After the authors respond to the reviewers, the paper is resent to the editorial chair for further appraisal and considerations.
- The editorial chair accepts, rejects, or returns the paper to the author effect any minor alternations.
- If the paper is accepted, the author will be requested to submit the final revision of the paper. Before publication, Camera-Ready versions are sent to the authors for confirmation. No further editing will be allowed after confirmation.